Wedding Planning Course Details
The Institute of Certified Wedding Planners is dedicated to providing students with a comprehensive training programme that will equip them with the necessary knowledge and skills to plan wedding events. Our conceptual and real world training will give students insights and understanding on how to become effective wedding planners and even start their own wedding planning businesses.
We are proud to be the first wedding planning course in the world that integrates counselling and psychology workshops into our modules. This will teach students the soft skills needed when interacting with their clients and give them an edge in the wedding planning industry.
Students must be at least 18 years of age.
The course has a total duration of 45 hours (excluding the Final Presentation and any possible field trips that may be arranged).
Upon successful completion of the Certified Wedding Planner programme, students will:
- Understand the role of a professional wedding planner
- Gain a basic understanding of the wedding industry.
- Create business contracts, pricing, packages and presentation tools.
- Identify the formula to structure and set-up a wedding planning business and operations.
- Be proficient in skills such as budget planning, vendor selection and wedding design.
- Be familiar with the industry specific terminology, communication and project management.
- Have knowledge of vendor contracts
- Be familiar with wedding design elements, fabrics and styles.
- Understand how to market as an expert in the industry to gain PR attention.
- Understand online marketing and how it applies to a wedding planner business.
- Have knowledge of different wedding traditions and cultures and how to implement a couple’s ethnic background into the celebration.